Community Resources for Volunteer Recruitment include:
- The University of Windsor – www.uwindsor.ca/volunteer and www.uwindsor.ca/vip
- United Way Windsor-Essex County – www.wevolunteer.ca
- WEST Volunteer Placement Program – : Britney@westofwindsor.com
- United Way – Training and Consulting (NEW) – https://www.weareunited.com/servlet/eAndar.article/63/Training–Consulting
- Volunetter Management Resources – (NEW) https://www.energizeinc.com/
The aspects of the program are:
- Once participants have reached a satisfactory level of job-readiness, we arrange a 6-week volunteer placement
- Participants understand that this non-paid placement will benefit their immersion into the workforce and development of skills
- WEST will undertake the responsibility of workplace liability, as the participants are considered WEST trainees for the duration of the placement
Other Volunteer Associations
- PAVRO – http://www.pavro.on.ca
- VOLUNTEER CANADA – http://www.volunteercanada.ca
- VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONALS OF CANADA – http://www.vmpc.ca
- IMAGINE CANADA – http://www.imaginecanada.ca
Other Online Tools
www.doodle.com – A tool for scheduling training or meetings with volunteers.
www.surveymonkey.com – A free program to create, share and analyze high quality survey.
www.fluidsurveys.com – A free program to create and share surveys.
www.skype.com – A free tool for online group meetings.
www.prezi.com – A presentation tool that helps you organize and share your ideas. This is an alternative to powerpoint, good for online training, presentation and advertisements.
www.charityvillage.com – A website with great resources for volunteer managers.
www.volunteer2.ca – An online database management system that helps to track volunteer hours and positions.